Still not sure about using mobile barcodes or QR codes in your marketing plan?
As a marketing professional, you are doing research on the QR code technology and wondering if they will be around long or if they are a fad and if should you include them on your marketing plan. I have been doing some research and have worked on many projects involving mobile barcodes or QR codes and looking at the history, trends, and positive responses from mainstream, qr codes are here to stay.
Take a look at some important stats about QR Codes
A few reasons as to support this:
- QR codes were invented in 1994 in Japan and were originally used in manufacturing.
- QR codes have been used by major brands such as Ralph Lauren, Frito Lady, Calvin Klein. Companies that have been around for as long as they have do their research. So for them to use them in marketing campaigns shows they believe in them enough to use them.
- Because they can be created at no cost, they are being adopted by smaller companies . For example, Comtactics, a mobile solutions company in Dayton, Ohio, launched a campaign in May of 2010, SCANDayton, that used qr codes as a way to educate people about local businesses. A year later, it has evolved into a customer loyalty platform that is being used in locations all over the Dayton Region.
QR Codes are here to stay
These are just a few reasons why QR are here to stay. If you need more examples, you can listen to the Mobile Site Link Exchange podcast, or download the Mobile Link Exchange Android app. It has lots of helpful information for any marketing professional.
Here are some additional resources about QR codes that you may find helpful. Click on the link to see the article.
- Are QR codes here to stay or are they just a fad?
- Want to learn how to create your own QR codes? Read this article – Create QR Codes
- Have you gone mobile yet? Your customers have. This is a must read – Why You need a mobile website, now!
Create your very own QR codes right here on the Mobile Site Link Exchange website! The check back often to get access to some awesome ideas that show you how you can use your QR code for networking, advertising, and special promotions! Click here to create your QR code - http://mobilesitelinkexchange.com/learn-qr-codes/create-qr-codes/Author:
I'm on Google Plus!
Providing innovative mobile solutions for forward thinking marketing professionals. Follow me on Twitter for updates on mobile technology and marketing with QR codes -